Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I sign up for activities using the Web site?
- No, not at this time. The preferred method of sign-up is to mail, fax, or
drop off your information at the Recreation Office or to the Recreation Staff.
- Do I have to be involved in the Special Olympics to participate in Concerned Care Recreation Sports program?
- No. Anyone that wants to participate recreationally can do so. Many individuals take the skills they have learned from our sports programs and participate independently elsewhere in the community or with family and friends. In addition, Concerned Care Recreation also coordinates our own tournaments or skill days such as basketball, softball or bowling that are not associated with Special Olympics. Although, if you do choose to participate in Special Olympics, you must register and have a current Special Olympic physical.
- How often does the Newsletter come out?
- The Newsletter comes out every two months. If you happen to not receive
your Newsletter, please call the Recreation Staff.
- Do I have to sign up to attend activities?
- First you must qualify for program services (see how to get started).
- Some activities have ratios that are determines by the number of staff and type of activity.
Some activities require advance tickets, supplies and seating, etc.
It is very important for our staff to know who and how many are attending so
that they may be prepared to be able to communicate with those attending each
activity in case of unforeseen changes, cancellations due to weather,
- Do I have to live in Clay County to attend activities?
- Yes. The Concerned Care Recreation Program is funded to provide services for those residing in Clay County.